- ordinary leakage
- loss in weight or volume, or wear and tear of the shipment;
- loss, damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the shipment;
- loss, damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the shipment;
- loss, damage or expense attributable to the willful misconduct by the customer or its agents;
- loss, damage or expense caused by delay;
- loss, damage or expense arising from the use of any atomic or nuclear weapon or radioactivity.
- Cover is limited to the value declared by you, replacement cost, invoice value or actual cash value whichever is the lowest. Evidence may be requested to substantiate the declared value in the event of a claim.
- In the event of total loss of your shipment, with Shipment Value Protection, you will also be entitled to a refund of the shipping charge. In the event of a partial loss, you will be entitled to a refund of the relevant proportion of the shipping charge.
- When more than one shipment covered by Shipment Value Protection is subject to loss or damage arising from a single event, the maximum aggregate compensation for all such shipments is limited to Euro 10 million.
In addition to the standard Air Carriage Notice liability, we provide financial protection to our customers against all risks of physical shipment loss or damage, from any external cause.
Shipment Protection can be arranged for both express documents and parcels, although some restrictions and limitations may apply. These will depend on the destination and content of the shipment.
Cover is effective from the time has control or possession of the shipment until the time of delivery. Cover is for physical loss or damage of goods, subject to specific limitations and exclusions.
Limitations and exclusions
Shipment Protection covers items in transit worldwide, although temporary restrictions may apply from time to time as a consequence of but not limited to, political, terrorist, nuclear and war risks, or on the advice of government officials. It does not cover the following:
Basis of loss settlement
How to make a claim
If you wish to make a claim, you should always notify RIGEN COURIER as soon as practicable, but in any event, no later than 7 days following actual or scheduled delivery whichever is earlier.
When you need extra peace of mind that your shipment has been delivered, Rigen Courier can provide a proactive confirmation by fax, email, phone or SMS, whichever is more convenient for you.
Proof of Delivery
Rigen Courier can arrange for a hard copy of the Receiver's signature to verify delivery of a shipment. The proof of delivery is sent via fax or email back to the Sender and is an ideal option for customers without internet access.
Repeat Delivery Attempt
When the Receiver is not at the address given on the waybill, we will arrange for repeat delivery attempts until the shipment is successfully delivered for you.
Remote Area Service
If you need to send a parcel to a remote address anywhere in the world, we will meet the challenge. Thanks to our extensive network, we can help you reach customers and suppliers even in rural or difficult to access locations.